Country Backyard Birthday Party

I celebrated my birthday a few weeks ago and this year's theme was country western.  I found much of my inspiration from a backyard party Kasey Buick had last year.  I was going for cowboy meets shabby chic...and well, I will let the pictures speak for themselves...


Lots of vintage linens...












Dad on the barbecue...


Red velvet and yellow-chocolate cupcakes...



We drank out of mason jars...strawberry lemonade and peach tea...





Some side of the road couches recently found {gorgeous, right!?!} served as a little photo booth session...



My sweet little cowboy...



Sporting my DIY birthday badge...






Everyone loved the barbecue in vintage pie tins...bbq chicken, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad, caesar salad and watermelon...my kind of eating...






There was lots of dancing...





A friend referred me to a line dancing instructor...she showed up for free...I gave her a well deserved gift card...







My bff's sporting their western wear...







And of course, my sweet parents, the behind the scenes crew...


Our best party yet...thankful for good friends and family, delicious food, thrifted cowboy boots, and a hubby who lets me dream up fabulous celebrations.

*My outfit and my husband's all found at the thrift store {hats, shirt, my first vintage dress, boots}.  Score.